This thirst quenching tropical delight is an alcohol free Iced Tea Sangria. It is a perfect kids friendly summer drink. Please see recipe below for ingredients and direction.
Ingredients to made a 60 oz. pitcher:
- 5 teaspoons of Black Tea . We used our Assam Behora Estate for its strength and malty flavor.
- 2 cups of fruits. Use fruits and berries that are fresh at your local market. We used strawberries, mandarin oranges, sweet tomatos, and apricots.
- Honey or sugar to taste. Alternatively, use stevia extract to make a sugar free version.
- 1 lime and 5 fresh mint leaves.
- Wash, peel and cut the fruits into bite size pieces and put them into a pitcher.
- Add mint leaves and honey (or sugar) in the pitcher.
- Muddle and mash the fruits, mint and sweetener for 30 seconds.
- Fill pitcher with ice.
- Bring 30 oz. of water to a boil. Then use a tea pot (or a heat resistant pot) and steep the tea leaves in the freshly boiled water for 5 minutes.
- When tea is brewed, strain and pour tea into the ice-filled pitcher.
- Stir well and top off with more ice if needed.